- PERSONAL DATA AND NON-PERSONAL DATA
- “Personal Data”means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
- “Non-Personal Data”means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Non-Personal Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Non-Personal Data, as described below.
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
- What data is collected.We collect Personal Data that you voluntarily provide us, for example, when you create an Account, register for our newsletter and/or make a purchase we may require your name, e-mail, contact information, billing address, credit card inform and/or other information you may provide us. We also may collect information about you from retail store transactions and from other sources (like public records), to enable us to update and correct the information contained in our database and to provide product recommendations and special offers that we think will interest you.
- Use of Personal Data. We will use your Personal Data to:
- Make the Site available to you;
- Process and fulfill merchandise orders;
- Enhance the Site;
- Respond to your requests or to manage Accounts;
- Monitor the security of the Site; and/or
- Provide you with promotional communications.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Third-Party Service Provides.We will share your Personal Data with third parties, such as vendors and service providers who provide assistance with billing, payment processing, fraud protection, credit risk reduction, marketing, data analytics support and service associated with the Site and delivery of purchased merchandise.
- Compliance with laws and for other legitimate business purposes. We will share your Personal Data when we believe disclosure is necessary or required by law, regulation, to protect users, the integrity of the Site and to defend or exercise our legal rights. We may also disclose your Personal Data when it may be necessary for other legitimate purposes as reasonably determined by us.
- NON-PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- Information Collected by Our Servers.To make our Site more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Pixel Tags.In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to users. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to Personal Data.
- Flash LSOs.When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_ manager07.html.
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year.
To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by us pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us at the below address:
378 Bleecker Street, New York, NY 10014
Telephone :+1 646-649-2708
E-mail : email@example.com
- CALIFORNIA DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not recognize or respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals and we will still receive information. As a result, we may still collect information about you and your internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
It is possible that some or all of our third-party advertising partners or members of their affiliate network may participate in a consumer opt-out programs. To learn more about internet-based advertising and consumer opt-out programs go to http://aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. We do not operate or control these sites, and are not responsible for the opt-out choices available there.
- YOUR U.K. PRIVACY RIGHTS
Users from the U.K. have the right to ask us to amend or limit the processing of their Personal Data, (as defined by U.K. law) and in particular not to process their Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to use your Personal Data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your Personal Data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your rights to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The U.K. Data Protection Act 1998 (“the DPA 1998”) gives users from the U.K. the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION
If you live in the EEA, or a similar international area, you may have additional privacy rights available to you under applicable laws. We will process your requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you would like to exercise any of the below rights, please contact email@example.com so that we may consider your request in accordance with applicable law:
- Right not to provide or withdraw consent: You have the right not to provide or withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right of access: You may have the right to access the Personal Data that you provided us.
- Right of erasure: You may have the right to the erasure of Personal Data that we hold about you.
- Right to object to processing: You may have the right to request that Hired stop processing your Personal Data and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
- Right to rectification: You may have the right to require us to correct any of your Personal Data.
- PRIVACY RIGHTS
You may modify the information you have provided to us at any time through your Account. You can also opt-out of receiving marketing communications, deactivate, or delete your Account at any time.
- INFORMATION SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
We maintain (and requires its subcontractors and service providers to maintain) appropriate organizational and technical measures designed to protect the security and confidentiality of any information we process. However, no organizational or technical measures are 100% secure so you should take care when disclosing information online and act reasonably to protect yourself online.
You will have an opportunity to unsubscribe to any e-mails or mailings by clicking on an “unsubscribe” hyperlink contained in promotional e-mails we send you. Even if you are removed from any such list, if you use the services provided through the Site, you will continue to receive e-mail correspondence from us related to the services. Any opt-out by you is not deemed valid until processed by us. It is your obligation to verify that you have been opted-out. We will not be liable for problems with the opt-out procedures. Please note that any request to be removed from such mailing lists may take up to one (1) week to become effective. Even if you are removed from any such list, if you order online, we will send you an e-mail confirming your order and may need to contact you by phone, e-mail, or regular mail if we have questions about your order.
If you register for an Account on the Site, you may review and update your account information by logging in to your Account with your username and password or by contacting customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- SUSPICIOUS E-MAILS
We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information through e-mail. For your protection, do not click links or open any files attached to suspicious, unsolicited e-mails.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
New York Office
378 Bleecker Street, New York, NY 10014
LAST REVISED: [05/25/2018]
You can purchase merchandise, view our catalogs, learn about our promotions, sign up as a VIP and/or communicate with us through the Site. Certain features of the Site require you to create an account. To register you must create a user account by providing a valid email address and creating a unique password (“Account”). When you acquire merchandise as a guest or through your Account you warrant that all information used in connection with the Site and acquisition of merchandise is accurate and true. You are solely responsible for: (i) maintaining the confidentiality of your Account user name and password; (ii) ensuring all information used in connection with the Site is accurate and current; and (iii) any activity you conduct through your Account, whether by you or someone else. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Account. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate or suspend your Account.
- PURCHASING PRODUCTS
You must provide us with your full legal name, an active telephone number, a valid credit card and current address to purchase merchandise through Site. We will send you a confirmation email confirming that your order has been processed and that payment was received and will promptly ship products to the address designated within our approved domestic or international shipping requirements. Occasionally, we may require verification of information prior to the acceptance and/or shipment of an order.
- ORDER RESTRICTIONS AND RISK OF LOSS
Merchandise acquired from us is not intended for re-sale. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to limit the order quantity on any product and/or to refuse service to any customer. The risk of loss for purchased product(s) passes from us to you as soon as we provide the carrier the purchased product(s). As a result, you will need to file claims directly with the carrier for any loss or damages that occurred while the purchased product(s) were in the possession of the carrier. You can check the status of your order by logging into your Account at: https://www.kilonashop.com/account or by reviewing the email order confirmation sent to you when your order was successfully processed.
From time to time we may make sweepstakes, contests, or other promotions available through our Site (“Promotion”) that require you to register and/or accept the terms and conditions associated with the same. Please review the applicable rules, terms, and/or disclaimers that govern each Promotion and understand that participation is your unconditional agreement and acceptance thereto.
- RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
All returns are subject to our return policy located here.
- LICENSE AND USE RESTRICTIONS
- Site.We hereby grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable, license to access and use our Site as expressly permitted herein. Except for this limited license we do not grant you any other rights or license. We reserve all rights not expressly granted herein.
- Your Content.You hereby grant to us and our owners, affiliates, representatives, licensees, licensors and assigns a non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free, world-wide, universal, transferable license to use, distribute, store, transmit reproduce any information you submit in connection with the use of our Site (“Your Content”) to: (i) make the Site available to you; (ii) manage your Account; (iii) address questions and issues; and (iv) process purchases. You hereby represent and warrant that you own all rights to Your Content or, alternatively, that you have the right to give us the license described above. You represent and warrant that Your Content does not infringe on the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other legal rights of any third-party.
- Restrictions. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security or integrity of our Site or otherwise violating or infringing our rights or the rights of others who use our Site and agree not to do the following:
- use any “deep-link,” “robot,” or other automatic or manual device, software, program, code, algorithm or methodology, to access, copy, or monitor any portion of the Site, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site, or obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not purposely made available by us through the Site;
- gain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Site, or any other system or network connected to the Site or to any of our third-party business partners’ servers, systems or networks, by hacking, “password-mining” or using any other illegitimate method of accessing data;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Site or any network connected to the Site, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Site or any network connected to the Site;
- reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other visitor to the Site, or any other customer of Company, including any Account that is not held by you;
- take any action that would cause an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Site or our systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Site or to us in an attempt to overwhelm our systems to create a “Denial of Service” or similar attack;
- use any device, technology or method to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning or features of the Site or any transaction occurring on the Site, or with any other person’s use of the Site;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to us on or through the Site or any service offered on or through the Site;
- not to make any false or misleading statements in connection with your use of the Site;
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information;
- Use our Site in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another;
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose;
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site;
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations; and/or
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE YOUR USE OF OUR SITE AND/OR YOUR ACCOUNT (IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION) IF WE DETERMINE THAT YOUR USE OF OUR SITE IS IMPROPER OR IN VIOLATION OF ANY PROVISION OF THE AGREEMENT.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The design of the Site and created text, scripts, graphics, interactive features and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Our Content”), are owned by or licensed to us and are subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. You agree not to engage in the use, copying, or distributing any of Our Content contained within the Site.
We care about our community and strive to incorporate Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG) and other measures to assist with making our Site user friendly and accessible to visitors with disabilities. WCAG principals provide for website content to be perceivable, operable, understandable, and robust. We have a team of dedicated professionals who regularly evaluate the content of our Site in relation to WCAG’s recommendations and who accordingly assist with operationalizing the same. Not all WCAG principals are operational and you understand that the application and use of WCAG recommendations will vary based upon the dynamic nature of the content on our Site.
Please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at (424) 387-2900 (Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. PST) for assistance with placing an order or Site accessibility.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU AS IS. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR CONDITION THAT: (1) THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (3) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (4) ANY ERRORS IN THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED.
IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF A JURISDICTION THAT REQUIRES A SPECIFIC STATEMENT REGARDING RELEASE, THEN THE FOLLOWING APPLIES. FOR EXAMPLE, CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS MUST, AS A CONDITION OF THIS AGREEMENT, WAIVE THE APPLICABILITY OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES, “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” YOU HEREBY WAIVE THIS SECTION OF THE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY SIMILAR PROVISION IN LAW, REGULATION, OR CODE THAT HAS THE SAME INTENT OR EFFECT AS THE AFOREMENTIONED PROVISION.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER WE NOR OUR OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, AND/OR AGENTS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, WHICH YOU MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSS.
You agree to defend and indemnify us and our employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents from and against any third party claim, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, settlements, and disbursements, from or relation to (i) Your Content; (ii) your use of the Site; (iii) your violation of any term of this Agreement; (iii) your violation of any third party rights; (iv) your violation of applicable law; and/or (v) use of any services provided by third party service providers. You may not settle or compromise any claim without our prior written consent.
You may terminate your participation at any time by discontinuing use of our Site. If you have a dispute with us relating to the Site, immediately cease all use of our Site. Ceasing use of the Site is your only remedy with respect to any dispute that you may have with us. The following Sections shall survive termination of the Agreement or your use of the Site: 7(c), 8, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 20.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME. When changes are made, we will make a new copy of the Agreement available on the Site. We will also update the “Last Revised” date at the top of the Agreement. If we make any material changes, and you have an Account, we may also send an e-mail to you at the last e-mail address you provided to us pursuant to this Agreement. Any changes to the Agreement will be effective immediately and your continued use of the Site constitutes your acceptance of such change(s). YOU AGREE TO REGULARLY CHECK THE SITE TO VIEW THE THEN-CURRENT TERMS OF SERVICE.
- THIRD PARTY LINKS
Our Site incorporates links to third-party websites. Some third-party websites may collect data or solicit personal information from you. We neither own nor control such third-party websites and are not responsible for their content or actions. Please read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party website that may be linked to our Site.
We collect and use information about you and your use of the Site.
By providing your email address to us or creating an Account you consent to receiving emails from us and from our third-party providers and affiliates. These parties may send you emails in order to deliver information about products and services and to help with fulfilling your order. You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included in any email or by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
with the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line.
- NOTICE OF ARBITRATION
Arbitration is a form of alternative dispute resolution and is often considered a faster, more convenient, and less expensive way to resolve disputes. We will make every reasonable effort to informally resolve any complaints, disputes, or disagreements that you may have with us. However, if those efforts fail, then any and all complaints, disputes, disagreements, controversies or claims arising from or relating to this Agreement or related to any services rendered shall be settled exclusively by final and binding arbitration (“Arbitration”) administered by JAMS or its successor (“JAMS”) and conducted in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures in effect at the time the Arbitration is initiated or, if the amount in controversy exceeds $100,000, in accordance with the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures then in effect (respectively, the “Applicable Rules”). You agree to bring any dispute in Arbitration on an individual basis only, and not on a class, consolidated, representative or collective action basis. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, you hereby waive any right to a jury trial or to participate in a class action against the Company. In addition, you agree that the Company may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights. No demand for Arbitration may be made after the date when the institution of legal or equitable proceedings based on such claim or dispute would be barred by the applicable statute of limitations.
The Arbitration tribunal will consist of one arbitrator. Arbitration will be held in a location mutually agreed to by the parties (including by written submissions, telephone, or video conference), but if the parties cannot mutually agree to the final location, then JAMS will determine the location. Moreover, you will not have the right to bring or participate in any class action or similar proceeding in court or in Arbitration. The prevailing party shall bear any and all Arbitration-related costs, fees, and expenses.
The Arbitrator shall apply internal laws of the State of California consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, or, to the extent (if any) that federal law prevails, shall apply the law of the United States, irrespective of any conflict of law principles. The Arbitrator shall not have the power to consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated and shall not have the power to award punitive damages. If any part of this Notice of Arbitration provision is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the rules of JAMS, then the balance of this Notice of Arbitration provision shall remain in effect. Nevertheless, nothing herein shall prevent any party from seeking provisional remedies in aid of Arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction.
To begin an Arbitration proceeding, you may send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to our registered agent:
Attn: Legal Counsel
Re: Arbitration Request
Kilona Shop Office
378 Bleecker Street, New York, NY 10014
THIS NOTICE OF ARBITRATION PROVISION LIMITS CERTAIN RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO MAINTAIN A COURT ACTION, THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL, THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY FORM OF CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE CLAIM, THE RIGHT TO ENGAGE IN DISCOVERY EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN JAMS RULES, AND THE RIGHT TO CERTAIN REMEDIES AND FORMS OF RELIEF. OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU OR COMPANY WOULD HAVE IN COURT ALSO MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION.
- DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (“DMCA”)
Infringement Notification: If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on our Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our designated agent with the following information:
- your contact information (i.e. name, email address, telephone number, and address);
- a description of the copyrighted work of concern;
- a link to the location(s) on the Site of the copyrighted work of concern;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a signed statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in your report is accurate and that you are the copyright owner (or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner).
The foregoing information (“DMCA Notice”) should be sent to our “Designated Agent” as follows:
Attn: Legal Counsel – DMCA Agent
RE: DMCA NOTICE
Kilona Shop Office 378 Bleecker Street, New York, NY 10014
Counter-Notice: If your work has been removed due to a DMCA Notice pursuant to the foregoing procedure, and you believe that your content is not infringing, then you may send a counter-notice (“DMCA Counter-Notice”) to our Designated Agent (contact information above) containing the following information:
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content;
- our contact information (i.e. name, email address, telephone number, and address), a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Los Angeles, California, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement; and
- Your physical or electronic signature.
If a DMCA Counter-Notice is received by our Designated Agent, then Company may send a copy of the DMCA Counter-Notice to the original complaining party informing that person that we may replace the removed content or cease disabling it after a reasonable time period. Unless the alleged copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member, or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in a reasonable time period after receipt of the DMCA Counter-Notice, at the sole discretion of Company.
If you have any questions about this Agreement please contact us at:
378 Bleecker Street, New York, NY 10014
The Licensed Parties reserve the right to remove any User Content from the Site, the Brand properties and the Services at any time, for any reason.